our 6 Step design-build Process
Step 1. CONSULTATION
- Discuss the scope of the project, client vision, desired architectural style, program requirements; unique lifestyle needs and survey review.
- Preliminary budget presented.
- Design contract given to client for review.
Step 2. DESIGN PHASE 1: SCHEMATIC DESIGN
- Conceptual design presentation of floor plans and elevations.
- Client approved conceptual design converted into 3D renderings.
- Meetings continue until design is accepted.
Step 3. DESIGN PHASE 2: DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- Upon client-approved budget, 3-D model and design drawings are refined and reviewed.
- Design is sent to our Structural Engineer consultant.
Step 4. DESIGN PHASE 3: PERMIT & CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
- Drawings are further detailed for construct-ability, subcontractor and supplier pricing.
- Sealed plans submitted to municipality for plan review.
Step 5. BUILD PHASE 1:
- Pre-construction ("kick-off") meeting with Construction Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Selections Coordinator to discuss process requirements.
- Date determined for beginning of construction.
Step 6. BUILD PHASE 2:
- Weekly meetings regarding selections, budget, and construction updates (includes office meetings, travel to vendors to make selections, and walk-through's).
- Accounting information is available 24/7 via our online project management software.