Our design-build Approach
We believe that each client is unique and so we take a unique approach to our services. Drawing on our long experience in the New York and New Jersey area as Architect-led Design-builders we have tailored a solution to your project by fusing design and construction management under one roof as a single source of responsibility. RS MANNINO ARCHITECTURE (RSMA) and RS MANNINO CONSTRUCTION (RSMC) provide a cohesive design-build service (RSMAC). Rather than approach a project through the adversarial contracting process, we offer a unique and transparent service of Architect-led design-build that allows our clients greater control throughout the project. Our Design-Build Service is an agile management process, where design strategy and construction expertise are seamlessly integrated.
OUR 6 STEP DESIGN-BUILD PROCESS
Step 1. CONSULTATION
- Discuss the scope of the project, client vision, desired architectural style, program requirements; unique lifestyle needs and survey review.
- Preliminary budget presented.
- Design contract given to client for review.
Step 2. DESIGN PHASE 1: SCHEMATIC DESIGN
- Conceptual design presentation of floor plans and elevations.
- Client approved conceptual design converted into 3D renderings.
- Meetings continue until design is accepted.
Step 3. DESIGN PHASE 2: DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- Upon client-approved budget, 3-D model and design drawings are refined and reviewed.
- Design is sent to our Structural Engineer consultant.
Step 4. DESIGN PHASE 3: PERMIT & CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
- Drawings are further detailed for construct-ability, subcontractor and supplier pricing.
- Sealed plans submitted to municipality for plan review.
Step 5. BUILD PHASE 1:
- Pre-construction ("kick-off") meeting with Construction Project Manager, Project Superintendent and Selections Coordinator to discuss process requirements.
- Date determined for beginning of construction.
Step 6. BUILD PHASE 2:
- Weekly meetings regarding selections, budget, and construction updates (includes office meetings, travel to vendors to make selections, and walk-through's).
- Accounting information is available 24/7 via our online project management software.